Saturday, April 2, 2011

SciFiNow

I am a huge movie geek (hence the blog) but my favorite genre would have to be Science Fiction! To keep up with what's happening in the movie world, I have been buying two magazines each month for some time now. One of them is the British produced SciFiNow.
Always on the lookout for another good magazine, I came across Issue No1 with Dr Who on the cover over four years ago. It had so many of my favorite films and tv shows, I was in Nirvana! The only problem is we are three months behind here in Australia. As well, as I have been reading The Chronicles of Narnia, I am another two months behind! Now it's time to catch up.
I've just finished reading Issue 48 and it was great! There was an article on the new Planet of the Apes prequel, Ceasar. Coincidentally, a story on The Voyage of The Dawn Treader, a great story on Tron Legacy, fan-made Dr Who videos, and funnily enough, the cover story on the 25 films that changed science fiction was pretty bland. I have to say I was disappointed in the Skywalker Ranch article. It was very clear that they sent the wrong person. It should have been someone who would have appreciated the opportunity. It looks like a beautiful place to work. I was very interested in the article on Never Let Me Go. I had no idea it was a book and no idea it had a sic-fi element. Will definitely track this down now! The best piece was the modern classic 'The Princess Bride'. I had no idea about it's history. Thank you Peter Gothard for a great article. Another great month's worth of Sci-Fi!

No comments:

Post a Comment