Friday, April 15, 2011

Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway

I've been doing a lot of driving in my job lately (3000km in the last six weeks!) so my iPod on my iPhone has been getting a pretty good work out so I will be posting about some of the music I have been listening to if it is movie related.
I have been a huge fan of Kelly Clarkson and was surprised to find that the title song from the album Breakway is from the movie 'The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement'.  Now while I haven't seen this movie (honest!), my two kids have and they love these films.
Now back to the album.  This is filled with some great rock songs and some wonderful ballads.  I love 'Since U Been Gone', the sadness of 'Because of You', and 'Addicted', but I REALLY love the live version of 'Beautiful Disaster'.  This girl can really sing.  I love the way she does key changes - magic. You can't say that about a lot of 'singers' that are around today.
While this isn't her first album, it is closer to her true music that her first album.  Very enjoyable and highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment