Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Go West - Aces and Kings The Best of Go West

Now, I know this isn't a movie (or a TV show with a movie star, or a movie magazine!) but I promised I would be blogging about all things 'movie'.  Now you are probably wondering what the hell does Go West, a duo from the eighties and nineties, have to do with movies? A little favourite of mine is 'The King of Wishful Thinking' which featured on the Julia Roberts/Richard Gere classic 'Pretty Woman'.  However, you may be surprised (as I was) that they have been involved in another movie.
Their song 'One Way Street' was apparently commissioned by Sylvester Stallone himself for his movie Rocky IV.
I have to tell you that I grew up in the eighties and nineties and I just love the music (and movies) from those formative years. Go West is a fantastic mix of synth, guitar, drums and incredible vocals.  These are some of the most 'boppy' pop songs and heartfelt ballads.  I love their debut 'We Close Our Eyes' as well as their later contributions such as 'The King is Dead'.
If you were a fan of Go West, then this compilation 'Aces and Kings' is a great set of songs and I fully recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment