Tuesday, April 12, 2011

AC/DC - Black Ice

I was never a fan of heavy rock and while they are Australian, I wasn't a fan of AC/DC, but my wife is a HUGE fan!  They are her favourite band.  Of course she went to see them live when they toured recently.  While it is very hard for me to get my wife to like my geekier tastes, I have adopted some of her likes.  One of these is AC/DC. 
I bought her Black Ice, their latest studio album of all new music, and had to listen to it (she played it quirte a bit) and I was very surprised to find I was enjoying the sounds.  It also helped that their songs were featuring in Supernatural almost on a weekly basis.
One of the songs on the album "War Machine' was used for the trailer for Iron Man 2 where a character is called War Machine.  They had a couple of songs in the first movie and this time around they had an entire album for Iron Man 2 by AC/DC.  Not all songs featured in the film but that was OK.
One criticism is that all their songs seem to have the same sound.  I suppose that gives AC/DC a unique sound that is entirely their own.
Does liking AC/DC give me street cred now?  Is this movie geek cool now? My wife still says no.

1 comment: