Monday, April 11, 2011

Back To The Future - Original Soundtrack

This is a fun soundtrack as it has a lot of songs from the film and the best parts of the incredible Alan Silvestri signature theme music, making this one of my favorite soundtracks.
I have very fond memories of this film, being that I got my first kiss from a girl after seeing the movie back in 1985. I was also a huge Michael J. Fox fan not to mention anything remotely science fiction as well! However this movie boasts my favorite song of all time, 'The Power of Love' by Huey Lewis & The News. I simply and unequivocally love this song! (Huey even has a cameo in the film!). Huey and the boys also provide a second track on the album with the song all about the movie, 'Back in Time'.
Two of my other favorite performers also provide great tracks, Lindsey Buckingham with 'Time Bomb Town' and the incomparable Mr Eric Clapton with 'Heaven is One Step Away'.
The rest of the songs are from The Enchantment Under The Sea dance including the fantastic Johnny B. Goode by Marty McFly, not Michael J. Fox though.
Alan Silvestri's theme music and Overture round out this brilliant soundtrack. I don't recommend listening to this soundtrack while driving though. Every time the theme music starts, I have this uncontrollable urge to get to 88mph! Lucky I don't have a DeLorean!

No comments:

Post a Comment