Friday, April 29, 2011

Roxette - Don't Bore, Get To The Chorus!

Being a lover of all things 80's, one of my favourite bands would have the be the Swedish duo of Marie Fredriksson and Per Gessle,otherwise known as Roxette!  I remember seeing them live in concert here in Brisbane Australia and it was such an awesome experience!
One of my favourite albums to listen to over and over, is one of Roxette's greatest hits compilations, 'Don't Bore Us, Get To The Chorus!' EVERY song, and I do mean EVERY song, is brilliant.  I love their vocals, melodies, key changes, guitars, synth and drums!  They really come together to give some fantastic rock, joyful pop and heartfelt ballads.
The reason I have listed this on my blog is that this album boasts not one, but two songs used in movies.  The first is "It Must Have Been Love" which was a huge hit after being included in the soundtrack for the Richard Gere/Julia Roberts smash "Pretty Woman".  The second is a wonderful song, "Almost Unreal" which interestingly was originally written for a Bette Midler movie but ended up being the theme song for the actually horrible film "Super Mario Brothers".  I really don't like speaking badly of films but this one was just plain silly.
Anyway, back to the album.  There are just so many great songs on this album but if I had to choose a favourite, I would have to choose "How Do You Do!" but "The Big L" would be a very close second.  I really need to reiterate, I love EVERY song on this album and it should be on every person's shelf or iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment