Thursday, April 28, 2011

Being Human

I have reads heaps about this British television series about a Vampire, a Werewolf and a Ghost all sharing a house.  It seemed like something different yet oddly similar to so much other genre fare out there.  Living in Australia, I hadn't looked this up but stumbled across it on the weekend.  Oh My Goddess!  This show is amazing!  It is dramatic, funny and scary all together!  Even though I had never seen the show, I was able to pick up what was going on fairly quickly.
The episode I saw was 'Daddy Ghoul' and I have to say was extremely clever.  For those that have seen it, they will understand but for those who haven't I don't want to spoil it.  This is writing I wasn't expecting.  George, (The Werewolf played by Russell Tovey) finds out his Dad has passed and decides to go to the funeral even though he hasn't seen his parents since his transformation.  Meeting up with his Dad, he finds out he had a huge impact on his family when he left.
I think I am in love with Lenora Crichlow who plays Annie the ghost.  She is simply beautiful.
I have to make mention of the vampire, Mitchell, being played by Aiden Turner who has landed one of the coveted roles of a Dwarf (Kili in particular) in the new Peter Jackson Hobbit movies.  The two women watching the show with me fell in love with him!
I am very impressed with this show and while I won't dive in now and continue to watch the show (they are in to the third season!), I am going to buy it on Blu-Ray and watch it all together.  If you haven't seen this show, chase it down.  You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment