Saturday, April 9, 2011

Madonna - Die Another Day

Now I am a huge fan of James Bond. I love the original books (and even the later novels), ABSOLUTELY LOVE the movies, and I really enjoy listening to all the title songs. I once had a cassette of the Best of James Bond and I played that to death. I was always on the lookout for a CD. There was a new Best of Bond collection released but it was always too dear. I came across it one day on special and snapped it up. I then found out that the reason it was on special was because they had released a new version with extra songs. Not to worry, I just bought the extras on iTunes! This song was one of the extras.
This was the title song for the 20th Bond film and was also Madonna's 20th anniversary as a recording artist. This was for Pierce Brosnan's fourth and final outing as James Bond in the film of the same name. I am putting on record that Pierce is my favorite Bond. He embodies everything the character was meant to be. I regret that I never saw Die Another Day in the cinemas as I had read some bad reviews but saw it on DVD in my collection and I really enjoyed it. I think this is yet again another example of people jumping on a bandwagon and thinking it's cool to say something is bad because everyone else does. Anyway, I liked the movie. I also really like this song. It played over the opening credit sequence of the movie and really fit the story.
I've always enjoyed listening to Madonna and to have her do a Bond song and such a brilliant job of it too, was just amazing. Apparently it is her biggest selling single as per Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment