Saturday, April 30, 2011

JB HiFi - 20% off all DVDs and Blu-Rays

I need to let you all know that I do not get paid by JB HiFi and they do not endorse this blog in any way.  I also do not work there, but with the number of DVDs and Blu-Rays I have bought there, I should own shares.
I think I mentioned before that JB is my favourite store for DVDs in Australia.  I was very excited to see on their website on Thursday that they were having 20% of all DVDs and Blu-Rays till Sunday!  I was excited to pick up a few new releases at greatly reduced prices.  However, I found that the prices had been inflated.
I was particularly looking for a couple of movies, namely Tron Legacy, Harry Potter 7 and Narnia 3.  I had seen the previous that the Harry Potter 2 Disc set was $17-$18 ($17 next door at Target) so 20% off would make it $14-$15. However, I found they had put the price up to $20!  While this made it only $16 with the discount, it is the principle of the thing.  Also Narnia was $20 for the 2 Disc set but now it is suddenly $30!  I picked up Tron:Legacy for $24 after the discount but found I could have got it cheaper elsewhere, but I will talk about that in my next blog.
On their website they had LOST Season 5 for only $30 but the shop had it for $40.
I did pick up the complete Series of Dark Skies (the very X-Files type series) for less than $40.
Another thing guys, stop just dumping movies into bins for people to go through.  I hate having to hunt through them like that.  In fact, I will walk past the bins and not buy anything.  Stack them properly and I might buy more stock.
Having said all that, JB Hi Fi is the best bricks and mortar DVD store in Australia and they have looked after us for many years.  Keep supporting them as best you can.  My next blog is probably going to upset them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment