Saturday, April 23, 2011

SciFiNow Issue 49

Sorry this has taken so long to write, I actually finished this a week ago!
The cover has a VERY hot looking Anna Paquin as Sookie Stackhouse in True Blood. SciFiNow interviews her and the creator Alan Ball about the third season of this vampiric television series.
There is a really good interview with Tim Minear about his remaining of Alien Nation. This is a show I never watched growing up, but after reading this interview I want to track it down to give it a go.
While I love Mr Joss Whedon and all he has done, the '25 Greatest Joss Whedon Episodes' felt like filler. (they're all great, aren't they?).
Fascinating interview with veteran comic book artist, Jerry Robinson. This changed my attitude towards Bob Kane!
Brilliant articles on Being Human, both UK & US. So good that I watched my first episode this week and I am converted! (More on that in a very future blog!)
Interesting article on Dirk Gently. Don't feel so bad that I've never read the books. Looking forward to this show though. I love Helen Baxendale!
I was happy to be proved wrong about Eli Roth. Great interview that shows there's a lot more to this bloke than he first gives out.
Loved the article on His Dark Materials. Recently read the threebooks and was not that impressed and was interested to read he hated the Narnia Chronicles which I also recently just completed. I have to day I enjoyed Narnia better.
A SPECTACULAR complete guide to Statgate: Atlantis - simply just brilliant! Very in depth and it paid the proper respect to what was an exceptional show.
Talking about exceptional, this equally describes Children OfMen' which is Modern Classic No20 and one of my favorite movies. Another excellent article that all scifi fans should read after seeing the movie.
Lastly, I just wanted to thank SciFiNow for the great interview with Adam 'Batman' West. He seems like a lot of fun and I'm surprised to read he's been married so long. I always thought he was gay, not that there's anything wring with that!
All in all, an excellent edition of SciFiNow and I am looking forward to Issue 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment