Friday, April 29, 2011

Empire Issue 121

Ah, another issue of Empire has been read and this one was another brilliant read.  Firstly, let me comment on the wonderful cover!  All the girls from Sucker Punch!  Thanks Empire!
Next, thank you fro starting your magazine with news and pictures on the casting of the The Hobbit!  Woo Hoo!  I just CAN'T wait for these movies!!  I was pleasantly surprised when i read the 5 things about javier Bardem.  He is nothing like I thought AND he likes Glee!
Going back to the girls from Sucker Punch.  Thanks for the article, but it was a bit light on.  I wanted more!  I really enjoyed the film so would love to know more about it.  Oh well, will have to wait for the Blu-Ray!  This is followed up by a fantastic article on The Rite.  This scares the crap out of me now.  I think I will wait until it comes out on DVD to watch it with the lights on during the day!
One of the things Empire does well is the comprehensive articles, and the special on Sci Fi was no exception.  Good article on Battle:Los Angeles (another great movie); the screenwriter's perspective on Never Let Me Go; the anticipation for Ridley Scott's new 'Alien' movie, the fantastic fun or two best buddies making movies together with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost talking about Paul, and then the three comparisons of Star Wars rip offs.  That brought back memories!  Finally the article on Duncan Jones' new movie, Source Code.  I never knew he was David Bowie's son, Zowie!
I've said it before and I will say it again, please give us full size one-sided posters that are already a seperate sheet.
Lastly, great article on Masterpiece #57, Lost Horizon.  I must track this movie down.
Thanks again Empire for a great read (almost up to date!).  If you are not reading Empire magazine, then you are not serious about movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment