Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hawaii Five-0

Ok, initially I was very skeptical about this show. I mean how do you successfully remake a 60s/70s tv show that starred Jack Lord? I watched the first episode because it had Aussie Alex O'Loughlin from Moonlight (he's very buff now), his reluctant new partner, 'Danno' (I REALLY hated the way they explained that. It was like it was written by a school kid) played by Scott Caan (James' son who starred in the Ocean's trilogy and the best part of this show, Daniel Dea Kim, who is still Lost and stick on the damn island and the last member of the team is Grace Park from Battlestar Galactica.
While this show is good, it's not great and alot of the necessary plot points just happen to be available for our heroes, which makes this a little too convenient.
Normally I give new shows two episodes to suck me in to become a fan, but we really tried with this and watched the first four episodes. Sorry but it just didn't grab me. You know one of the things that stuck out in episode four was Danno was seeing the doctor about a knee injury and he kept touching his right knee, but when we see him with the walking stick, he's using it on his left side.
I really am sorry but we deleted the rest of the episodes we had recorded, so I won't be watching any more Hawaii Five-0. I hope it gets better for those sticking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment