Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tina Arena - Greatest hits 1994-2004

One of Australia's finest female performers with a voice as clear and crisp as the toll of a fine bell.  I love listening to Tina Arena sing.  I had the pleasure of a very brief meeting where she was in the Brisbane Queen Street Mall signing copies of her album Don't Ask.  She was very accomodating and happy to sign the album to my wife so I could give it to her as a gift.  We had both grown up watching Tina on Young Talent Time and we were so excited when she had reinvented herself with the amazing 'Chains',which is a standout on this album.  There are so many wonderful songs on this greatest hits collection.  One of my favourites is 'Wasn't it Good', a bitter-sweet song of loss, 'Now I can Dance' is a song of hope and 'Soul Mate No 9' is pure fun (I loved the video clip when it came out). 'Symphony of Life' is wonderful as is 'That's the Way a Woman Feels' which is a special song for me.  I replay Tina's version of Maria McKee's "Days of Thunder" hit 'Show Me Heaven' - I so love her voice. 
But this is not the movie reference that I know you were all waiting for.  Our Aussie, Tina Arena, had the theme song from the first Zorro film "The Mask of Zorro" entitled 'I Want to Spend My Lifetime Loving You' which she sang as a duet with Marc Anthony!
If you have never had the pleasure of listening to Tina Arena, please check this collection out as a starting point.  You will be so happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment