Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fleetwood Mac - Greatest Hits

It really was just a coincidence that the very day I was listening to Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits, Glee was doing a Fleetwood Mac special!  Honest!  It was the next album on my iPod!
Fleetwood Mac!  What a band!  Mick Fleetwood on the drums, driving every song with a brilliant beat.  Lindsay Buckingham, not only playing the guitar, and every song is pretty much drums and guitar (have a listen - just fantastic!) but he also has a unique voice.  Talking about unique voices, the magical, haunting voice of Stevie Nicks is such a beautiful part of the Fleetwood Mac experience. The band is rounded out by Christine and John McVie.  (Actually the band has had heaps of different band members over the years but this is the quintessential group.)
I really can't think of any songs of theirs that I don't like.  I just go to a really happy place every time I listen to them.  Some of my favourites include Tusk, Sara, Rhiannon, oh and I just love the little song of Oh Diane.
Well of course, to be mentioned in my blog, there has to be a movie reference and it appears there have been two songs featured in movies: The exceptional Go Your Own Way was in Forrest Gump (along with almost every other song in the last fifty years!) and the slightly uncomfortable to listen to around children Big Love which was in Elizabethtown.
Every person should own The Greatest Hits of Fleetwood Mac. Sit back with a bottle of wine and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment