Saturday, May 21, 2011

Huey Lewis & The News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll: The Best Of

One of my all time favourite bands, Huey Lewis & the News are such a talented group.  I just love their sound and they are so good they often sing acapella.  They also win my vote because they are responsible for my all time favourite song "The Power Of Love" from the film 'Back To The Future'.  Another song from this movie is also on this Best Of compilation, 'Back In Time'.  Every song on this album is sheer brilliance (bar one - Trouble In Paradise which sounds like a dog's breakfast).  Their first big hit 'Do You Believe In Love' showed what they could do, but one of their best songs is "The Heart of Rock & Roll".  I also love "I Want A New Drug" which the band ended up suing Ray Parker Jr for ripping off the music for the theme song for the movie 'Ghostbusters'.  These guys don't just write poppy hits either. If you listen to their lyrics they often tell stories of injustice but alot about love. I simply love "Huey Lewis & the News".

No comments:

Post a Comment