Friday, May 13, 2011

Empire - Issue 122

Hey Everyone!  Welcome to my 100th blog post!!  Yeah!  And we are about to have the 1000th page view!  Thank you to everyone from around the world who have made this blog such a success!  I will keep blogging for as long a people want to read what I carry on about!
Anyway, you are not here to listen to that, you are here about this month's issue of Empire Magazine Australia!  Yes, I have finally caught up!  (well sort of, because I know issue 123 is out now but I won't buy it till tomorrow, so I have read my latest issue! Yeah!)  Another great issue of my favourite Aussie magazine.  Let me get a couple of things out of the road first.  Free covermounts.  Giving us a 'free' copy of the same magazine that we have previously purchased, is not a bonus.  If you want to give us something for free, make it a DVD or make it a movie poster that is one sided and full size and NOT having to be torn out of the mag.  There I got that off my chest!
It was great to see a good article on a new Aussie film, 'Mad Bastards' and that is did so well at Sundance.
This month's The Grill was with the incredibly beautiful Carla Gugino!  What a great sport!  Some of the best responses.  I have always loved Carla.
I did the crossword and actually got the secret name this month!  I never get this out!  There was a mistake in the clues though.  Sean Penn played Emmet Ray in Woody Allen's Sweet and Lowdown.  Also, on the next page, in your top 10 movie deaths, can you pick a sex for Bambi? "Bambi and HER(?) protective parent"?  You do make Bambi a 'his' twice more though.
A good review of Source Code.  Thanks, I am glad I went to see it now.  I think you might have missed the point of Sucker Punch though.  At least you gave it three stars.
Amazing subscription offer of your first three issues for only $6!  That's incredible! I am sorry but I won't be taking advantage of this, as I like to support my local newsagent and I like each issue flat.  I found I always got a huge fold when the posty delivered it, even after putting in a bigger mailbox opening!
I LOVED the article on X-Men: First Class.  I can't wait to see this.  Matthew Vaughn's Bond?  Sounds brilliant!  Not too sure about Green lantern though.  Having it being made by Martin Campbell might be it's saving grace though.
Blown away by the Conan photos.  Stargate:Atlantis' Jason Mamoa looks so different!  This could be good, but I am betting it won't be as good as Thor.  The article on Thor makes me so excited to see this movie.  Must go now!
Can't believe they are doing another Scream, though I do like Emma Roberts and it also has the wonderful Hayden Panettiere (Heroes).  I am going to make a guess and say the bad guy is Rory Culkin.  If anyone sees this, let me know if I am right.
I have to take my hat off to you guys though for the FANTASTIC article on Stanley Kubrick. I can't wait to read next month's continuation of this article.
Fianlly thanks for the rundown on 3D TVs.  I think I might wait till they bring out the versions where you don't need to wear glasses.  I mean, if they can do it for a DS, surely they can do it for a TV?!
Another great issue of Empire.  I hope you catch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment