Saturday, May 14, 2011

Slither

When I recorded this movie off television to watch, all I knew is that is was a horror and it had Nathan Fillion in it.  Good enough for me.  Last night my wife asked if I had anything scary that I had taped to watch.  I offered this and we watched it and I have to say, we really enjoyed it!  My wife is hard to please with films and even though she said it was very GROSS, she thought it had some great one liners in it.  Most of these were from Captain Tightpants himself and my favourite was when he first sees the monster.
Just briefly, the story has a meteor crash near a small American country town and it brings a slug like alien with it.  A man gets injected by the alien who then takes over his body and starts to kill animals around the county.  He abducts a woman to make his incubator for more slugs, then things get really gross.
In fact the physical make up effects are fantastic!  The writer/director, James Gunn, brings his Troma roots to a mainstream feature with some great horror moments mixed with a good dollop of humour. (Scooby Doo, which he also wrote the movies for, this aint!).
This has got a bit of swearing in it (makes it incredibly funny!) and is pretty gross but I really enjoyed this film. A great night in and there is a small bit after the credits so stick around. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment