Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Very Best Of Hall & Oates

Once again I get to rabbit on about being such a huge fan of the eighties and it's fantastic music.  I grew up listening to the fantastic harmonies and music of Daryl Hall and John Oates.  Of course, I had to own their best of.  And 'best of all', some of their music has made it in to various movies!  Here are some of those examples, thanks to Wikipedia:

  • Sara Smile is used in the movie 'The Fighter' starring Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale;
  • Kiss On My List is in 'She's Out Of My League';
  • You Make My Dreams is used in 'The Wedding Singer' with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, it comes up a few times in the Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly film, 'Step Brothers', but my favourite is when it was used in '(500) Days Of Summer'!  The scene where Joseph Gordon-Levitt is dancing and singing down the street with a huge chorus behind him to this song simply made this film so much more than it already was!  I loved this bit!
  • Private Eyes shows up in the Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz action comedy 'Knight and Day'; and
  • Maneater was in 'The Runaway Bride' with Julia Roberts and Richard Gere.
 I am sure there are probably others.  There are a ton of other songs on the album which are brilliant, like Rich Girl, I Can't Go For That (No Can Do), Say It Isn't So (My favourite song off the album) and the brilliant Out Of Touch.
If you are a Hall & Oates fan, you must get this album.  A great little booklet with the album too and you may be interested to know that they are still touring to big crowds.  Go boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment