Saturday, October 29, 2011

SciFiNow - Issue 55

Starting to slowly catch up!  Another magazine with another great article on Cowboys & Aliens.  I so wish I had seen this at the cinemas.
New television show, Falling Skies, is featured and I look forward to seeing this as well.  I love Noah Wyle and this show looks fantastic.
The cover story this month is on the movie Captain America, which is another movie I have missed at the cinemas and looks fantastic!  I can't wait to get this on Blu-Ray.  I had no idea of the back story to the character/s and the timeline gave me a good insight.
I loved the interview with Bob Gale regarding the Back To The Future game.  I looked up the site and can see you can by it on DVD now as a special collector's set.  Cool.  I love the idea of using plots not used in the movies.
Another article on The Green Lantern.  I didn't see this at the cinemas either and I don't really want to.  It all looks a bit silly now.  Has anyone seen this?  Was it any good?
Excellent interview with Simon Pegg and his best friend Nick Frost.  Hilarious!
Thanks for the article on William S. Burroughs.  What a strange little man!
Now what I really did like was the complete guide to Land Of The Giants.  I loved this show as a kid and I didn't really know alot about the making of it.  Is this ripe for a big screen remake or what?  It would have to be semi-serious though, just like the show.  No comedians please.  And perhaps make it as a trilogy with them finally getting home at the end of the third movie.  That would be cool.  What this article got me thinking about though was the other great Irwin Allen television series from the same time, The Time Tunnel.  This was my most favourite show when I was young and it really got me into the who time travel scenario for real when they did the story of going back to the attack on Pearl Harbour and one of then runs into himself as a boy.  That just blew my mind and opened it to the immense possibilities out there.  Please do a complete guide on The Time Tunnel!
Completely agree that Batman Begins deserves the mantle of Modern Classic!
Oh and thanks for the Flashback on the original Bionic Woman.  I also loved the Six Million Dollar Man when I grew up.
Can I say, please scrap the personality tests.  They are a bit dumb.  The Matrix one starts with a question if you like leather and the two possible answers are 'yes' and 'yes'?!  Put in a crossword or search word or something.
Another solid issue of SciFiNow.  Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment