Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Take It Easy - Various Artists

My wife bought this album on iTunes and at first all I could think of was that if I like this album, I am turning into my Father!  You see it is filled with twenty easy-listening songs that are getting on a bit.  Actually I do like this album as each song is a classic and I would like to share them with you because some of them (of course) have been used in movies!
1. Moondance by Van Morrison: Van Morrison is such a cool kat and I just love his music and sound and this particular song was used in the sex scene in 'An American Werewolf In London'.  This film holds some great memories for me as it was my first 'M' rated film I got to see without adults, and of course there were breasts in it!  I was only 13 or 14!
2. Everybody's Talkin' by Harry Nilsson & George Tipton: Also known as (Theme from Midnight Cowboy) it became synonymous with the Dustin Hoffman film.  It is also used in Forrest Gump and Borat.
3. Summer Breeze by Seals & Croft: has been used in 'Dazed and Confused', 'King Of California', 'Shrek The Halls' and 'Land Of The Lost'.
6. Mrs. Robinson by Simon & Garfunkel: Another song synonymous with another Dustin Hoffman film, 'The Graduate', it has been used in a number of other films over the years, including 'Rumour Has It...', 'Wayne's World 2', 'American Pie', 'Forrest Gump' (again!), 'My Mom's New Boyfriend', 'The Holiday' and 'The Other Sister'.
7. Lay Lady Lay by Bob Dylan: This was supposed to also be in the movie 'Midnight Cowboy' but was not finished in time!
13. Magic Woman by Santana: Actually 'Black magic Woman', a cover of the Fleetwood Mac song, it is known more for it's Santana version which has shown up on the soundtracks for 'Detroit Rock City' and 'Anger Management'.
If you want to check out the other songs, track down the album.  You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment