Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Very Best Of ELO

ELO or Electric Light Orchestra were one of my favourite bands from the 70's with a great operatic sound with some of the most amazing harmonies and melodic tunes.  I grew up listening to my parent's cassettes and loved looking at the wonderful sci-fi inspired artwork on the covers.
 I have The Very Best of ELO on my iPod and just love listening to all the songs on this album.
Of course some of their music has been used in movies:
Mr Blue Sky was used in both Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Martian Child as well as Role Models, The Invention of Lying, Paul Blart: Mall Cop, Megamind, and The Game Plan. Livin' Thing is played over the end credits for Boogie Nights. Telephone Line was the theme song for the movie Joyride and was also featured in Billy Madison.  And I am sure everyone knows they supplied the music for the Olivia Newton-John movie, Xanadu and one of those songs features on this best of collection, All Over The World, which also came up in PaulHold On Tight was used in the recent Tom Hanks movie, Larry Crowne
One thing though is on the track listing for this album, it states it has 'Calling America' but instead it actually has 'Confusion'.  (You're telling me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment