Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cars - Original Soundtrack

I love a good Disney film and it's accompanying soundtrack, but I especially love Pixar's work and just to show how different they are to Disney, they released a soundtrack to Cars that is a compilation of different performers that works SO WELL!  I just love this album!  It is a mix of Rock and Country with half of it being songs with vocals and the rest being orchestral.
Firstly it opens with the wonderful Sheryl Crow singing Real Gone, to get your motor revving!  Then the classic Chuck Berry Route 66 which gets a reprise later on, redone brilliantly by John Mayer.  The Rascal Flats give us their version of Life Is A Highway.  But it's not all rockin' songs, there are some wonderfully thoughtful songs that really tug on the heartstrings, including Brad Paisley singing two beautiful songs, Behind The Clouds and Find Yourself.  These are my favourite tracks on the album.  Listen to the words people for a dose of perspective and a self-pick-me-up.  The exceptional Mr James Taylor sings My Town, man I love this guy's voice, always have! Finally a great old ditty, Sh-Boom by The Chords.  Try and keep up and sing along without cracking a laugh or two!  Hank Williams even gets song in there!
As I said the rest of the album is the orchestral music by the ever dependable, Randy Newman.
I love this movie, but the soundtrack stands on it's own.  If you love a great driving album to listen to, you can't go past Cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment