Sunday, June 12, 2011

I Still Know What You Did last Summer

I saw the first movie before I started doing this blog and I can't where I tweeted my thoughts on it.  I remember it was better than I was expecting but not brilliant but I did like the way the killer wasn't supernatural at all, just a guy that had survived and was out for revenge.  Seem to make it more real which made it more scary.
Then I was advised not to see the sequel, but of course I had to.  Back from the first one are Julie and Ray, played respectively by Jennifer Love-Hewitt and Freddie Prince Jr. 
##SPOILER ALERT##
Of course I picked who the bad guy was immediately, it was like he had a sign post over his head and I picked that he had to be the killer's son.  That was just too obvious and the way they got to win the trip, by answering a question by a radio station, did they not turn on the radio so that both Karla and Julie can hear the call?  How did Will do that?  Anyway, it is a totally conceivable story to have the killer work on the island (he is a fisherman after all) and he would know when the quiet time for the resort would be.  I didn't like the way he picked off the staff at the beginning, but I suppose he needed carte blanche to run around and try to kill Julie and her friends.
If they had left the story with the death of the fisherman by gunshot it would have been an OK set of two movies but then they of course ruined the entire two films with a little epilogue.  Julie and Ray are now married in their own home and everyone is happy until Julie hears something in the house and it ends up being the fisherman under the bed and he drags Julie under with him.  So is he supernatural now?  Can he come back from the dead?  See this goes against the original book and the point of the films to have him be a real person.  I have since found out there is a straight to DVD third movie where the fisherman is a ghost!  Now that is just taking things too far.  That part just ruined the movie for me.
The movie also starred Brandy, Mekhi Pfieffer (ER), Bill Cobbs (Night At the Museum), Jeffrey Combs (Enterprise), Jennifer Esposito (Blue Bloods) and as a stoner pool boy, Mr Jack Black!
A disappointment. 4/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment