Saturday, June 11, 2011

Blade

Well, I finally sat down to Blade for the first time and I can see why I have taken so long to watch this.  It's not terrible but it's not great either.  Wesley Snipes plays the DayWalker, Blade, who was born part vampire when his mother was attacked when she was pregnant with him.  He spends his life hunting and killing vampires.  His 'Obi-Wan' mentor, Whistler, is played by Kris Kristofferson.  The bad guy is a half-breed vampire, Frost, played by Stephen Dorff.
The story is that he wants to resurrect a Blood God and he needs to use Blade's blood.
For a movie made in the late nineties, the effects have dated terribly.  The acting is not brilliant, especially Snipes who spends most of the movie in shades.  I am glad I haven't bought this on DVD.  6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment