Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tron Legacy - Original Soundtrack

I was so excited to see this film and then I found out that Daft Punk were doing the entire soundtrack.  I was surprised at such a bold move and interested to hear how this would sound, but I was incredibly surprised and I can easily say this is one of my favourite soundtracks now.  I listen to this over and over now.  I even caught my youngest daughter with it on her iPod and when I asked her why she had Tron, her response was "It's so Techno, Dad!"
Yes it is, but it is also an amalgam of techno with classical film soundtracks with some lovely strings (which I am sure are probably created on a keyboard).  There is a wonderful theme running throughout but I must single out my all time favourite piece is Adagio for Tron which is hauntingly beautiful and incredibly sad.  This is such a different sound for me and I just love it!  Please, give this a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment