Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Michael Buble - Totally Buble

I have always been keen for cool swing/lounge style, like Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin and when I discovered Michael Buble, I thought, finally I can 'come out' about my love for jazz and big band music!  I had one album at the time (his 'deut' self titled album) and my wife bought me a CD player for my car and when I was getting it fitted at JB HiFi, I started looking at what CDs I wanted to buy to listen to while driving (there was no such think as an iPod guys!) and I discovered 'Totally Buble'!  Here is an older album than his 'debut'!  It only had seven songs on it but I hadn't heard him sing any of them before so I bought it.  Michael's voice is a little less mature on this album compared to his studio albums.  However, I soon discovered that it is really a soundtrack of sorts to a movie called 'Totally Blonde' in which Michael co-stars in!  He's a bit of an actor too (I also just found out he was in two episodes of The X-Files!!  I must rewatch!) and sang these songs in the movie.  Apparently (as per Wikipedia), he didn't want these songs to be released but the owners of the rights saw a good thing and jumped right on board.  There are a couple of standout songs on the album, 'That's How It Goes' and 'Peroxide Swing' are brilliant as is 'Me & Mrs. You'.  The other half of the album is still good, just not the brilliant.  I haven't seen the movie so I can't comment on it, but if you are a completist or just a fan, this is a must have album.  (I believe there are also a couple of other 'pre-debut' albums out there so I am going to try and track them down to.)  Enjoy, totally!

No comments:

Post a Comment