Saturday, September 17, 2011

Family Guy - Blue Harvest

I have not been a huge fan of Family Guy (it's a bit too risque for this guy's family!), but when I heard they were doing a parody of Star Wars I knew I had to see it.  The title, Blue Harvest, was the title used when filming Return Of The Jedi to put nosy people off finding out about the movie and releasing details to the public before the movie was released.  Remember it was before the Internet!
Anyway, when the power goes out and Peter keeps the family entertained by telling the story of the film, Star Wars.  We get to see it with the characters of Family Guy in all the key roles. 
There are a number of very funny jokes, but I have to say, some of them just fall flat.  The animation is fun with some excellent rotoscoping straight from the film.  It was good that it has George Lucas' blessing.
This was not as funny as I thought it would be but I am going to wait to see all three installments and see if it works better that way and whether I should pick up a copy on Blu Ray.  I suppose every Star Wars fan should really have this, even if it is just for the sake of the collection.  I hope the next one marries The Empire Strikes Back and is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment