Friday, September 16, 2011

Revenge Of The Sith - Original Soundtrack

I've done reviews for the soundtracks for Episodes IV, V, & VI and now I am jumping to Episode III, Revenge Of The Sith.  I can't do Episodes I & II because I haven't bought them yet!  Yes, I know, and I call myself a fan.  Well if you are not happy with me now, you won't be happy with me after this brief review.
I actually didn't think much of the soundtrack to ROTS.
There I said it.  I can't believe after the brilliance of the original trilogy soundtracks, that this is a Star Wars soundtrack.  Comparing it to the other soundtracks, it sounds completely different to me.  It is very generic and could be the soundtrack to any modern sci-fi action adventure film, which is disappointing.
However, all is not lost.  To make up for a lacklustre soundtrack, there is a second disc included in this pack.  It is a DVD called 'Star Wars: A Musical Journey' and is the most awesome 70 minute film clip for the Star Wars Saga!  Don't worry about watching 6 x 2 minutes film trailers, do yourself a favour and buy this CD and jump straight to this DVD.  The best movie trailer ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment