Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kelly Clarkson - Thankful

Thankful is the beautiful Kelly Clarkson's debut album and I am surprised to find myself writing about it here in my movie blog, so let's get that bit out of the way first.  You see the first song on the album,  "The Trouble With Love Is" was the Love Theme from the movie 'Love Actually'!
While I love Kelly, this is the least loved of her albums, but it was her debut.  Most of it doesn't sound like her as she sounds on her later albums.  In fact, when I first heard this album, I thought it was being sung by an incredibly talented African American R&B singer! However, there are some typically gold Kelly Clarkson songs here that I just love to listen to over and over: 'Miss Independent', 'Beautiful Disaster', but going against the grain, the two best songs are the last ones on the album.  'A Moment Like This' was one of the songs released when she won American Idol, which is just wonderful.  The very last song, 'Before Your Love' is my favourite.  The chorus is just brilliant!
While it is not my favourite Kelly Clarkson album, it does have a couple of brilliant songs that make this a must have in your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment