Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Basics - Stand Out/Fit In

Let me tell you, I have a pretty bland palate when it comes to music, so when my wife suggested I should listen to some guys playing at the Australia Day celebrations a few years ago, I was suddenly hooked.  Here were a trio of Aussie young guys, playing brand new music (which would normally be a definite no for me), but it had a 50's/60's surfer/rock n' roll edge while sounding incredibly fresh and a new sound for the new millennium.
We immediately started trying to track down their music on iTunes and one of their albums was this one.  It is such a brilliant mix of music genres and styles.
So why am I talking about a small indie group from Melbourne Australia?  They had one of my favourite songs off this album, Hey There!, feature in the Jason Statham movie, The Bank Job!   This is just so cool for these hard working boys from Down Under.  I recommend everyone have a listen to this song.  It has a Mariachi sound to start with but then gets into their usual three part harmonies.  Have a listen here: Hey There!
Hands down, these guys could be the best band in the world!  Just brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment