Tuesday, August 16, 2011

No Doubt - The Singles 1992-2003

No Doubt are a band with a revolving door for membership but a constant lead singer in the very talented Gwen Stefani. Their sound is very different for me and was once termed alternative rock but I believe they are more mainstream now.  Their songs tend to tell a story and have not only incredible vocals from Ms Stefani, but a great beat and some of it even has a reggae sound to it.
No doubt you are wondering why I am writing about them on my blog (see what I did there!)?  This 'Best Of' compilation actually has some songs that have been included in movie soundtracks.
The single 'New' featured on the soundtrack to the movie 'Go'; and 'Underneath It All' was in one of my all time favourite romantic comedies with the beautiful Drew Barrymore and the hilarious Adam Sandler, '50 First Dates'.
They had a couple of other songs in films but they are not part of The Singles collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment