Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Glee - Rumours

I am a huge fan of Fleetwood Mac and when I found out that Glee were going to be singing songs from the Rumours album (I grew up listening to the cassette over and over when my parents put a tape deck into our car!) I thought it was a perfect marriage and I wasn't disappointed!
Ironically, it is the story of 'un-perfect' marriages/relationships that is behind the creation of this iconic album and is this week's excuse for a story.  No one seems to be getting along.  Everyone thinks they are out to get their partner.  And talking about 'out', Brittany 'outs' Santana, who is struggling to come to terms with her sexuality and this confuses Brittany, who ends up breaking up with Artie.
Finn spies Kurt leaving a hotel room with Sam and then returns to see Quinn also leave.  Is Sam Gay or is he cheating with Quinn?  The truth is revealed that Sam's family have lost their home and are now all living in a one room hotel.  A sad story based on a lot of people's reality.
Incredible music - but the story felt built around the songs and not part of the continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment