Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Incredibles - Original Soundtrack

When I saw Pixar's, dare I say incredible, "The Incredibles", I was blown away by the computer animation, the voice acting, the story, the characters, AND the soundtrack.  It has been on my list of must own CDs for a long time now but trying to get a copy in Australia has always been difficult or incredibly dear.  I was fortunate enough to get a copy from Amazon.uk.co for around $10 Australian and it is money well spent.
The music is by Michael Giacchino, who gave us six years of atmospheric music for Lost, among other shows. Director Brad Bird had a distinct idea of the style of music he wanted for his movie and Michael got it.  What he has delivered is reminiscent of the fabulous films of the sixties filled with spies and international intrigue.  It is a bit James Bond and Austin Powers rolled into one!  It is a bold, brassy, big orchestra sound, though if I had to say something critical, it would just be that the main theme is quite repetitive throughout the album, but really, that's not such a bad thing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment