Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bryan Adams - So Far So Good

I don't care what anyone says, I have always been a fan of Bryan Adams and I will always be a fan and I am proud to say I am a fan.  This bloke has one of the best voices in rock but he is also a social activist and awarded photographer outside of his music career.
However, I am getting off the topic of writing about the 'Best Of' album "So Far So Good".  It has all of his chart toppers and the link with movies is the song "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You".  It was the theme song from the Kevin Costner movie, "Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves".  This is yet another thing that shallow minded people crap on about.  People are quick to put Kevin Costner down and any movies he is associated with.  Well, I am a huge Kevin Costner Fan and I loved the movie.  It was one of the first movies I took my wife to when we were going out and the theme song became our song and was even our wedding dance song.  Every time I hear it, I think of my beautiful wife.  And I don't care how 'soppy' that might sound to you all!
That's the only movie related song on the album but he has contributed to a few albums, notably supplying the entire soundtrack for Dreamworks animated feature "Spirit".  This man could command entire stadiums full of fans.  He deserves some respect.  He's earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment