Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga PS3

I don't own a lot of PS3 games, but what I do tends to gravitate towards movie-related fare.  Now I know that that would almost always mean a crap game, but I am not a serious player and I really only play for the story and the graphics and it is fun to be part of a film in a way.
One of the first games I bought for myself for the PS3 was Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.  One, it was on special (only cost me $30 - I only buy games on special) and two, it's Star Wars! 
Kids would absolutely love playing this game, especially if you have the Lego.  But for an adult it is a little weak but still fun.  There is no dialogue in this game (I suppose because Lego pieces don't talk [but they can run around and fight with lightsabers for some reason! Oh and they do scream when they go over an edge!]) Some of the puzzles are hard to work out and I am sure that I am not playing this game to it's full potential but it is fun to chill out for an hour and play a couple of chapters.  The game is set up for the entire six movies, and each movie is broken up into chapters.  You start at the Mos Eisley Cantina and you can change which character you want to play with ease.  There are heaps of coins to collect (not sure why though)  and there are always ten secret parts to find in each chapter, though I only ever find one or two.  So far, I am only 9 parts through 160!  Lots of game play ahead (apparently!)
I wouldn't recommend this to the serious gamer, but kids would love it and any Star Wars fan that wants a laugh (there are plenty of irreverent comedy bits in this) and to have a bit of fun, go ahead and play! 

No comments:

Post a Comment