Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Defenders - Pilot

A new show to watch - yeah!  But once again, the ugly axe of the networks has chopped this show even before it has begun.  Well that's not true, we got a season, which is better than some shows get.  So the show has got the axe.  Do I invest my time? I always give a show a couple of episodes to grab me and I have to say, I was grabbed by this pilot from the start!
This is not a remake of the 1961 series starring The Brady Bunch's Robert Reed, but actually based on two real life Las Vegas attorney's, Michael Cristalli and Marc Saggese.  The two leads are played by old hat Nick Morelli, played by James Belushi (K-9) and young gun Peter Kaczmarek played by Jerry O'Connell (Sliders).
This first episode has the boys defending a man who is accused of murder when he shoots a man, apparently in the back, that he says were trying to beat his brother to death.  All the evidence points to him being guilty but the boys put their thinking caps on and are able to come up with the truth.  The show is clever in the way the character's arrive at the result they did.  Things must have gone down hill later in the season for this to get cancelled because this is quite a good show.  I will keep watching the season.  Such a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment