Sunday, January 8, 2012

Empire - Issue 128

I am behind again, so bear with me!  The first thing that caught my eye was the 'First Look' at Daniel Radcliffe's new movie, The Woman In Black, which I have to say, looks brilliant.  I hope to see it when it comes out.  He looks very grown up in the photos!
Couldn't work out the shuffled up name in the crossword again this month. Paul Greengrass did alright with the My Movie Mastermind.  He's up there with Jack Black and Frank Darapont.
Thanks for the feature on Sherlock Holmes 2.  I am going to see this in a couple of weeks.  Looks brilliant and Noomi Rapace looks incredibly hot!
However, my favourite part of this month's issue was the Stephen King special on The Shawshank Redemption (one of my all time favourite movies) and Stand By Me (another much loved film).  As a side issue, I was really interested in the 'Welcome To Castle Rock' side story.  I had no idea.  The interviews with the guys from Stand By Me was priceless.  Thank you for this wonderful insight into these two wonderful films.
A very brief but welcome introduction to the new Mission Impossible movie, which I saw today and I will do a review of soon (loved it by the way!).  Thank you to Hugh Jackman, my favourite fellow Aussie for a fun interview.  Worth the price of the mag on it's own! "If you're a wanker, you're a wanker!" - Love it!
Another great issue of Australian Empire Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment