Saturday, November 19, 2011

SciFiNow - Issue 56

One of the things I like about SciFiNow is the exclusive information they have.  It was cool to see the pic of Bane and everything we know about The Dark Knight Rises so far.  Eagerly awaiting this epic film.  I liked the frame by frame of Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes too.  Looking forward to seeing this on Blu Ray. 
Thank you for another great Harry Potter story.  I really enjoyed the books and the movies and love the behind the scenes information.
Chuck is on the cover but I have never seen it.  I must try and track this down on DVD.  While I consider myself a geek, I am certain I wouldn't get all the in jokes that are written in to this show.
I was right into comic books about 25 years ago and Batman was my main purchase each month.  I still have most of them (sold a couple to a guy in Canada who became a good friend), but I had no idea that the story had taken such drastic turns with death, Robin/Nightwing taking on the mantle, and a world wide franchise of Batmen?!  I have been out of the comic scene for too long apparently!
Still looking forward to seeing Captain America but not so much Conan.
Loved the Torchwood article and love the show.  Can't wait to buy it all on Blu Ray as well.
The interview with Brandon Routh surprised me.  I didn't know he could be quite irreverent.  Well done mate.  Will have to look into Dylon Dog: Dead of Night.
Agreed with most of your reviews this month but not the one on Battle:Los Angeles.  I loved this film and thought it was well made and I didn't need to be drunk to enjoy it.
An absolutely FANTASTIC article on Robert E Howard.  His tragic life story would make a brilliant film in itself.  Then right at the end of your article you make mention of The Whole Wide World.  It stars Vincent D'Onofrio and Renee Zellweger.  I think I might have to track this down now.
Just liek I will have to track down the book Heaven's Shadow after reading your review.  Sounds brilliant!
Thanks for the Lost In Space Complete Guide.  It appears my fond memories may change if I ever sit down to watching this show again!  ET gets the Modern Classic treatment which it so richly deserves.  Thanks for the amazing article on Metropolis in the flashback section.  I have always loved this film and what was able to be achieved back in 1927, fifty years before Star Wars.  I won a copy of the restored version on Blu Ray and can't wait to get the time to sit down and watch it.  You will see a review here (but it might take a couple of years!!)
Another great issue of SciFiNow but can we drop the flow charts at the back.  They are a bit silly.  Give us a crossword or word search or a comic, Blue Milk Special is incredibly funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment