Saturday, November 5, 2011

Empire - Issue 127

This is the preview issue for next year's blockbuster movies.
We get a first look at Battleships, which actually looks better than I thought it would.  Two Snow White movies coming out?  Cool!  Kristen Stewart's version looks like it will be cool, which is more than I can say about Breaking Yawn, I mean, Dawn.
Oh and I got the crossword mixed up name correct this month!  I don't do that alot, so I was very excited!  I was also please to see Mr Guillermo Del Toro do so well in the Movie Mastermind quiz.  Nice work!
An amazing array of super hero movies for next year, starting with The Amazing Spider-Man.  Do I want to see this?  I am still not sure.  Men In Black 3?  Really?  Number 2 wasn't that brilliant but perhaps it could be good?  The Bourne Legacy, without Jason Bourne?  Are you serious?  What is going on here?  Next there will be Bond without Bond!  Oh, Bond does return, but Bond does return.  Though Quantum Of Solace wasn't brilliant, so hopefully this will be better.  Clash Of The Titans 2??  Didn't the first one flop?  Oh and of course there is ANOTHER Superman reboot.  Is there a theme running through these movies for next year?
There is hope though.  Andrew Stanton does bring us John Carter which looks spectacular, The Dark Knight Rises is going to finish off the Chris Nolan Bat Trilogy on a high and the culmination of Marvel's super hero movies comes together with The Avengers by Joss Whedon.  This is going to be awesome!
With the release of The Star Wars Saga on Blu-Ray, there is a wonderful article with some unseen scenes from all six movies.  Just brilliant!
Oh and the best damn interview I have every read is between Jason Bateman and Ryan Reynolds swapping identities and answering for each other!  Hilarious!  Apparently it has something to do with their latest film, The Change Up?
Joe Dante writes for Empire about his movies.  Excellent!  And a fantastic interview with Aussie directing legend, Fred Schepisi.
While I love the Tintin poster, I wish, I wish, I wish you guys would supply a poster with nothing on the back and separate from the book.  PLEASE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment