Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Mummy Collection

Now you may have noticed a trend in my reviews, very Mummy-related. That's because I have been enjoying a brilliant DVD set called The mummy Collection.  This beautiful box set includes two disc sets of all three Mummy movies which gives heaps of extras for those that enjoy the extras like I do; plus you get a reasonable board game which combines all three movies.  It is trivia based and if I can give you a hint, you need to watch all the extras to be able to win this game!  It did get a little frustrating by the end, especially when the Mummy would get you and you would have to go back to the start! lastly, I just finished reading a beautiful coffee table book based on the making of The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emporer.  It was excellent!  176 page soft cover book with heaps of colour photos and drawings plus an in-depth introduction from the director, Mr Rob Cohen.
Funnily enough, this is his third movie with 'Dragon' in the title: The other two being 'Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story' and 'Dragonheart'.  He has such a love of China, he was the natural choice to make this film.  There was so much work done to make this as authentic as possible, considering it is a genre film.  Hat's off to Mr Cohen and his team for making a spectacular film.  One thing I learnt from this book was that filming commenced on July 26 2007, my 39th birthday and opened on July 26 2008, my 40th!
I was able to pick this set up from JB Hi Fi (my favourite bricks and mortar store to shop for DVDs and Blu-Ray - and they didn't pay me to say that!) back in April 2009 (yes, just getting around to watching it!) for only $69.98.  It is a lot more than that now, but here is a link.


No comments:

Post a Comment