Friday, March 18, 2011

Blue Bloods

Hello again.
Even though it says Mulder on Movies, I will actually be blogging about other interesting things as well, but they should all relate to movies in some way.
So in saying that, I will be blogging about some of my favourite TV shows, most of which have a movie star in them!
My first show to talk about is the new show from the team that brought you The Sopranos, "Blue Bloods".  It is the story of a police family  (The Reagans) in New York where the patriarch is the ex Police Commissioner, the son is the new Police Commissioner (played by the always dependable Tom Selleck), and his two sons are both cops, one is a detective (played by Donnie, the brother of 'The Plank' Marky Mark, Wahlberg, who is brilliant in this show by the way), and there is a daughter who is an Assistant District Attorney played by Bridget Moynahan.  As you can see there is plenty of movie star power in this show and it benefits from that.
This is one of those shows that my wife and I watch together because it's 'believable' (as opposed to almost everything else I watch!).
The story is generally of a higher quality than most cop shows and it is good to see it from a family perspective.  One story constantly in the background is about a third son, who was also a cop, who was murdered and how the younger son, the new cop, played by Will Estes (from U-571 plus countless episodes of television shows) is investigating whether his older brother had anything to do with it.
The episode I have just watched was the one with the diamond heist and I have to say I was a little disappointed as this WAS just a generic cop show storyline.  The robbers kill a cop and the cops go all out to find the shooter and get their revenge.  While this episode was in no way bad (in fact on other shows it would have been great) I have come to expect more and this show is so much better than this.
I have heard rumours about this show not getting renewed, which would be a crime (pardon the pun), and I will blog about further episodes in the future.  Hopefully it gets back to its brilliant beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment